OverviewYou are in your office looking over your performance report and it happened again. Your low performing employee failed to meet quota this month even after you spoke with them about the importance of meeting goal. This employee has a great attitude and you know they can do better. You just do not know how to motivate them to reach the goal. Money used to work, but that has worn off. You are baffled and you know being frustrated makes matters worse. What do you do?
This workshop focuses on how to better coach your employees to higher performance. Coaching is a process of relationship building and setting goals. How well you coach is relates directly to how well you are able to foster a great working relationship with your employees through understanding them and strategic goal setting.
An easy-to-understand coaching model taught in this workshop will guide you through the coaching process. Prepare yourself to change a few things about yourself in order to coach your employees to better performance.
DurationCourse duration :00 hrs
LocationAvailable at Maadi Branch
Course OutlinesModule One: Defining Coaching and Mentoring
- What is Coaching?
- What is Mentoring?
- Introducing the G.R.O.W. Model
- Goals in the Context of GROW
- Identifying Appropriate Goal Areas
- Setting SMART Goals
- Getting a Picture of Where You Are
- Identifying Obstacles
- Exploring the Past
- Identifying Paths
- Choosing Your Final Approach
- Structuring a Plan
- Creating the Final Plan
- Identifying the First Step
- Getting Motivated
Module Seven: Providing Feedback
- What is Trust?
- Trust and Coaching
- Building Trust
- The Feedback Sandwich
- Providing Constructive Criticism
- Encouraging Growth and Development
- Common Obstacles
- Re-evaluating Goals
- Focusing on Progress
- How to Know When You’ve Achieved Success
- Transitioning the Coach
- Wrapping it All Up
- The Basic Differences
- Blending the Two Models
- Adapting the GROW Model for Mentoring
- Focusing on the Relationship
- Words from the Wise
- Define coaching, mentoring and the GROW model.
- Identify and set appropriate goals using the SMART technique of goal setting.
- Identify the steps necessary in defining the current state or reality of your employee’s situation.
- Identify the steps needed in defining options for your employee and turn them into a preliminary plan.
- Identify the steps in developing a finalized plan or wrapping it up and getting your employee motivated .
- Identify the benefits of building and fostering trust with your employee.
- Identify the steps in giving effective feedback while maintaining trust.
- Identify and overcoming common obstacles to the growth and development of your employee.
- Identify when the coaching is at an end and transitioning your employee to other growth opportunities.
- Identify the difference between mentoring and coaching, using both to enable long-term development through a positive relationship with your employee.
Coaching and Mentoring
- font size decrease font size increase font size